- CS-1 Kit - Stickup Replacement Pickup - This kit is DIY, designed to retrofit Aero pickups into an existing Stickup cover. This saves the customer money, because the cover is an extra fabrication expense.
The pictured Stick is a 12-string design (5 bass & 7 treble), though other string counts and bass/treble combinations are available. The string spacing on this Stick is 9.40mm C-C, and because Chapman Sticks have almost no string taper, is the same for both bass and treble pickups. Because string spacing varies a small amount between models, the customer should always measure their specific instrument.
CS-1 Kit includes:
- Aero CS-1 Pickup Assembly
- Drill Guide & Drill
- Black Tape (to secure the assembly to the cover)
- Quantity 2 - #6 x 1-1/4" pan head SS wood screw
Aero CS-1 Kit Pickup
Depending Upon Options: $450.00 - $500.00 USD
- The Stickup cover shown in these pictures is brand new. New covers are purchased at Chapman. The Aero CS-1 Kit does not include a new cover, but is designed to retrofit the existing cover. This means that the original pole piece holes will also be visible along side the new pole piece holes. If the original holes seem objectionable, then contact Chapman to purchase a new cover.
- The string spacing of the new Aero CS-1 pickup assembly is exactly centered in the cover, and correct across the bass and treble strings. However, the mounting holes for some original Stickup's is in the wrong location. This causes the new Aero CS-1 to look misaligned. The cover should not be left misaligned, and should be shifted, and new mounting holes established, so the pole pieces line up correctly with the stings. This may require using the (provided) #6 x 1-1/4" pan head wood screws, instead of the original 6-32 x 1-1/4" pan head machine screws.
- CS-1 Kit Wiring
WHITE : (+) Treble Strings Positive RED : (+) Bass Strings Positive BLACK : (-) Negative (Ground)
- CS-1 Kit Pickup:
Musician : Joe Conti Instrument : Chapman Stick 12-string (5 Bass & 7 Treble) Amplifier : Effects : Joe Conti's Special Rig Song : Venue : Aero Instrument - July 2018 - Hilo, Hawai'i